Elementalist Skillset: Light
For every Elementalist Expert Spellset purchased, the character gains a stack of the Affinity Skill (See Stacked Abilities)
(White/Yellow Spell Balls)
Flare – (Touch) The flare spell can produce ONE of the following effects:
- Affixes a trackable point of light to a touched creature for 3 minutes.
- Can be used to show hidden items or stealthed creatures, Glyphs etc. within 5 metres of a touched object.
- Can be used to stun a touched creature temporarily.
Mirror – Used to reflect any call targeted at the caster back at the attacker. The caster may perform the spell, and within the following 3 minutes, choose a single call used against them to mirror back to its user, calling “No Effect: Mirror: [insert call you wish to mirror]”. The effects are instead suffered by the user of the chosen call. The caster does not have to touch or re-engage the target for the spell to be successfully Mirrored. If the caster performs another skill or spell within the 3 minutes before making the Mirror call, Mirror is cancelled and the spell charge is lost.
Light – (Thrown, Infused or Touch based) After making the necessary spell vocals or performance, the spell can be cast one of 3 ways;
- Thrown – The caster must use a thrown spell ball to cast their spell. The caster must be at least 3m away from their target. Upon a successful hit of any bodily location, the caster may call “Lightstrike.” The target will be dealt 1 point of Light damage to every location and be knocked prone.
- Touch – The caster must make the necessary spell performances or vocals, and within 30 seconds Touch the target on their head or chest. Upon a successful contact, the caster may call “Lightstrike.” The target will be dealt 1 point of Light damage to every location and be knocked prone.
- Infused – The caster may infuse a weapon with the spell. The next hit from that weapon will do “Light” damage and deal one hit per location, plus an additional -1HP to the location struck upon the target creature (though it is not knocked prone). The weapon does not need to be wielded by the caster. A weapon cannot hold the charge longer than 3 minutes, and cannot hold multiple charges of the Light spell. The caster may give the weapon user their spell ball to represent the element within their weapon, which must be dropped once the spell is used. If the weapon is parried the spell is expended without damage.
Blind – (Touch) Targeted Character is rendered completely Blind, but is still able to move and retreat carefully. Blind lasts for 60 seconds and continues during a character’s death count. (OC note: The player should keep their eyes shut tight within reason – making sure you and others are in a safe space to roleplay before running over dangerous terrain. Please refrain from flailing, fighting, or throwing weapons and limbs around).